Ever come across that dream venue to run and wished you could take all your running buddies there instantly?
We all have our favourite places to run in Australia and around the world. Our Olympic Marathon ambassador Lisa Weightman share her top 6 places from around the world that she rates as her favourite running venues.
Feel free to add yours to our facebook page, or track them on our iRun tracker.
Lisa's top 6 places to run.
- Yarra Flats, Melbourne. It is where suburban streets meet tranquil surroundings. It is guaranteed that we’ll say hello to a few regulars along the way every run.
- Denver Highline, Colorado. 66 miles of tree lined soft trail in the city of Denver right out to the foothills. Beware of the wasps as they like to kiss you on the cheek in the middle of long runs!
- Tiergarten, Berlin. A picture says a thousand words.
- Charles River, Boston. Being the home of the adidas Boston marathon, every runner you pass has on the 3 stripes! It is also a lot of fun to run a 10km tempo and pass all the men!
- Reedy Lake, Nagambie. This is where a love of running started for me and after a workout I can jump in the river for a swim!
- State Forest, Creswick. It is nice to escape and be pampered with a forest at your door.
The general theme here is that I am a runner who likes the best of both worlds, a tranquil, tree-lined trail in the middle of the city!